Ready in just 30 minutes, this quick and easy BBQ steak salad is a weeknight winner.
The ingredient of BBQ steak salad with Thai vinaigrette
- 500g beef grilling steaks (such as porterhouse, rump or Scotch fillet)
- 2 heads baby gem lettuce, leaves separated
- 60g Coles 4 Leaf Salad
- 3 baby cucumbers, shaved lengthways with a mandolin or vegetable peeler
- 1 carrot, peeled, shaved lengthways with a mandolin or vegetable peeler
- 1 peach or nectarine, pitted, thinly sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup small fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons grapeseed oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled ginger
- 1 red birdseye chilli, finely chopped (seeded if desired)
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
The instruction how to make BBQ steak salad with Thai vinaigrette
- Prepare a barbecue for medium-high heat. To make the Thai vinaigrette, in a blender, blend lime juice, 3 tbs of the oil, fish sauce, shallot, ginger, chilli and sugar until smooth.
- Coat steaks with remaining 1 tbs oil. Season with salt and pepper. Barbecue steaks, turning once, for 4 mins each side for porterhouse and Scotch fillet, or 2 mins each side for rump, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the centre registers 54u00b0C. Set steaks aside on a cutting board.
- Arrange the baby gem lettuce leaves, salad mix, cucumbers, carrot, peach or nectarine, radishes, mint leaves and coriander leaves on a serving platter. Drizzle some vinaigrette over salad. Slice steaks and place on top of salad. Serve with remaining vinaigrette.
Nutritions of BBQ steak salad with Thai vinaigrettefatContent: 384.79 calories
saturatedFatContent: 23 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 11 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 30 grams protein