The ingredient of Spicy Thai chicken and noodle patties
- 1/4 x 250g packet Changs dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 lemongrass stalk, trimmed, bruised, roughly chopped (see note)
- 1 long red chilli, roughly chopped
- 4 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 600g chicken mince
- 1 tablespoon Changs oyster sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- Alfa One rice bran oil, for shallow frying
- Asian salad greens, to serve
- Changs sweet chilli sauce, to serve
The instruction how to make Spicy Thai chicken and noodle patties
- Place noodles in a large, heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 4 to 5 minutes or until noodles are tender. Drain. Return noodles to bowl. Using scissors, cut into 4cm lengths.
- Meanwhile, place garlic, ginger, lemongrass, chilli, onion, mint and coriander in a processor. Process until finely chopped.
- Add garlic mixture, mince, oyster sauce, egg and breadcrumbs to noodles. Using hands, mix to combine. Using 1/4 cup mixture at a time, shape into 12 patties. Place on a lined baking tray. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties, in batches, for 4 minutes each side or until cooked through and golden. Serve with salad greens and sweet chilli sauce.
Nutritions of Spicy Thai chicken and noodle pattiesfatContent: 461.27 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 52 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 35.2 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 35.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 182 milligrams cholesterol