Fried rice is always a great way to use up leftovers - vary this Thai version depending on whats in your fridge.
The ingredient of Thai-style turkey fried rice
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 long green chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 1cm cubes
- 200g thin green beans, cut into 2cm lengths
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced (see notes)
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice, cooled (1 1/3 cups (265g) uncooked)
- 3 cups (480g) roughly chopped cooked turkey
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari (see notes)
- 1/2 cup Thai basil leaves (see notes or use regular basil)
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Thai-style turkey fried rice
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the onion for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, chilli, ginger and sugar, then cook for a further 1 minute until the mixture is fragrant and the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the chopped capsicum, beans and kaffir lime leaves, then stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until the vegetables are just tender. Add the cooked rice, chopped turkey, fish sauce and tamari, then stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until heated through. Stir in the basil, then serve the rice in bowls with lime wedges to squeeze.
Nutritions of Thai-style turkey fried ricefatContent: