Grab a few ingredients, then see out the winter with these fast and fragrant Thai fish cakes.
The ingredient of Thai fish cakes with dipping sauce
- 110g (1/2 cup firmly packed) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 long red chillies, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 1/2 cup torn coriander leaves, plus extra, to serve
- 600g boneless flathead fillets or other firm white fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2cm piece ginger, roughly chopped
- 100g green beans, trimmed, finely chopped
- Peanut oil, to shallow-fry
- Roasted cashews (optional), to serve
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Thai fish cakes with dipping sauce
- To make dipping sauce, place sugar, vinegar and 80ml (1/3 cup) water in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil, then cook for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Stir in chillies, lemon zest and juice,and half the coriander. Refrigerate until needed. Makes 180ml (3/4 cup).
- To make fish cakes, process fish, curry paste, egg, garlic and ginger in a food processor until combined. Transfer to a large bowl. Add beans and remaining coriander. Using your hands, combine well. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture into 12 portions and shape into 5cm patties.
- Fill a large frying pan with 3cm of oil and heat over high heat. Cook fish cakes, in 2 batches, for 1 1/2 minutes each side or until cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- Divide fish cakes among plates and scatter with extra coriander and roasted cashews, if using. Serve with dipping sauce and steamed jasmine rice.
Nutritions of Thai fish cakes with dipping saucefatContent: 510.504 calories
saturatedFatContent: 28 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 30 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 28 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 34 grams protein
sodiumContent: 135 milligrams cholesterol