For a family pie with a difference, fill it with creamy Thai red chicken curry.
The ingredient of Thai chicken pies
- 1/2 red capsicum, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 green capsicum, seeded and chopped
- 75g baby corn, cut into 1cm slices
- 40g unsalted butter
- 2-3 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 3 chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 4 sheets frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, thawed
The instruction how to make Thai chicken pies
- Heat a large deep non-stick pan over medium heat and spray with oil spray. Add the red and green capsicum and corn and cook for 2-3 minutes or until just softened. Transfer to a clean bowl and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the same pan over medium-low heat and add the flour. Let the mixture bubble for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, then remove from heat and gradually whisk in the milk. Return to the heat and continue stirring to prevent lumps forming.
- Add the curry paste, lime juice and sweet chilli sauce and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Return the capsicum mixture to the pan, along with the chicken and coriander. Cook for another 10 minutes then remove from the heat. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
- Preheat oven to 180C. When the chicken mixture is cold, divide evenly between four 1 1/2-cup capacity baking dishes. Use a small plate or saucer to cut out circles for the pastry lids and place over filling, pressing the pastry to the rim of the dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is crisp and golden.
Nutritions of Thai chicken piesfatContent: 1111.589 calories
saturatedFatContent: 59 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 28 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 93 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 26 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 50 grams protein