A few slices of red chilli will spice up this tasty Thai chicken and jasmine rice.
The ingredient of Thai chicken and jasmine rice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, chopped
- 1 brown onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1/4 cup Thai yellow curry paste
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 600g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Sliced red chilli, to serve
The instruction how to make Thai chicken and jasmine rice
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until just browned. Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add onion and capsicum to pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add curry paste. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add rice. Stir to coat. Add chicken. Add coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Add broccoli. Cook, covered, for a further 5 minutes or until rice is tender and coconut mixture absorbed. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in fish sauce and lime juice. Sprinkle with coriander and chilli. Serve.
Nutritions of Thai chicken and jasmine ricefatContent: 775.316 calories
saturatedFatContent: 33.4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 21.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 73 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 40.8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 109 milligrams cholesterol