Stuck for dinner ideas? With a Thai-inspired chicken mince filling inside, these tasty pasties will go down a treat!
The ingredient of Thai chicken pasties
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 500g Lilydale Free Range Chicken Mince
- 2 tablespoons Thai yellow curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 2/3 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
The instruction how to make Thai chicken pasties
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add carrot and onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add mince. Cook, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add curry paste. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Stir in coconut milk. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in fish sauce, sugar and juice. Remove from heat. Stir in peas, corn and coriander. Set aside for 20 minutes to cool.
- Cut a 20cm circle from each sheet of pastry, discarding trimmings. Spoon 3/4 cup mixture onto the centre of each circle. Fold up edges and press together in a decorative pattern to seal. Place on prepared tray. Brush with egg. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and puffed. Serve pasties with sauce, cucumber and peanuts.
Nutritions of Thai chicken pastiesfatContent: 968.906 calories
saturatedFatContent: 46.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 22.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 94.6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 39.2 grams protein
sodiumContent: 206 milligrams cholesterol