Keep this fragrant, flavoursome paste in the fridge to create authentic curries.
The ingredient of Thai red curry paste
- 10 dried long red chillies
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 red birdseye chillies, chopped
- 2cm piece galangal, peeled, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, quartered
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white part only, chopped
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, finely shredded
- 4 coriander roots, washed, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons shrimp paste
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
The instruction how to make Thai red curry paste
- Place dried chillies in a small heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 10 minutes or until softened. Drain.
- Meanwhile, place coriander and cumin in a small frying pan over medium heat. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant. Allow to cool completely.
- Place dried and fresh chillies, galangal, garlic, onion, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaf, coriander root, shrimp paste and spice mixture in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add oil. Blend until a smooth paste forms. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Nutritions of Thai red curry pastefatContent: