Makeover your weekly cooking repertoire with this quick and lively Thai noodle salad.
The ingredient of Thai pork vermicelli salad
- 500g pork tenderloin, very thinly sliced
- 100g vermicelli noodles
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths, blanched, refreshed
- 1 carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves,
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup Thai basil leaves (see note)
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped, plus extra sliced chilli to serve
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, very thinly sliced (see note)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
The instruction how to make Thai pork vermicelli salad
- For the marinade, combine all ingredients in a bowl and season. Toss pork with 2 tablespoons marinade, cover and stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak noodles in a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes. Drain, refresh, then toss with remaining marinade. Toss vegetables, herbs and peanuts with the noodles. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frypan over high heat. In batches, cook pork, turning, for 2-3 minutes until cooked through.
- Divide noodles among bowls, top with pork and extra sliced chilli, then serve.
Nutritions of Thai pork vermicelli saladfatContent: 276.045 calories
saturatedFatContent: 8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 14 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 34 grams protein