This top meal, inspired by Asian cuisine, is full of flavour and good for you, too.
The ingredient of Beef and kumara curry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons (75g) Thai red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons satay sauce
- 400ml coconut milk
- 600g diced beef topside
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (see note)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 small kumara, peeled, chopped
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- Pappadums, to serve
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
- Chopped peanuts, to garnish
The instruction how to make Beef and kumara curry
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add curry paste and cumin and cook for a further minute until fragrant. Add satay sauce, coconut milk, beef, cinnamon, kaffir lime, fish sauce and 1 cup (250ml) water. Stir well to combine, then bring to the boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 40 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the kumara and simmer, uncovered, for a further 10 minutes or until the kumara and meat are tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with rice and pappadams, garnished with coriander and peanuts.
Nutritions of Beef and kumara curryfatContent: 517.435 calories
saturatedFatContent: 36 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 19 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 10 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 37 grams protein
sodiumContent: 59 milligrams cholesterol