Manu Feildels poached chicken salad with zucchini noodles and crunchy snow peas is exactly the sort of dish we want to eat all summer long.
The ingredient of Coconut poached chicken salad with satay dressing
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 310ml (1 1/4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock, plus extra, if needed
- 250ml (1 cup) coconut milk
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 stem lemongrass, bruised, cut into 3 pieces
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 145g (1 cup) frozen shelled edamame
- 80g snow peas, shredded
- 3 large zucchini, cut into noodles using a spiraliser
- 8 baby cucumbers, coarsely chopped
- 15g (1/4 cup) coconut flakes, toasted
- 1 long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- 125ml (1/2 cup) coconut milk
- 70g (1/4 cup) peanut butter
- 60ml (1/4 cup) sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
The instruction how to make Coconut poached chicken salad with satay dressing
- For the dressing, place all the ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until the peanut butter is melted and the dressing is smooth. (Alternatively, combine ingredients in a microwave-safe jug and microwave on High for 45 seconds. Stir until combined.)
- Place the chicken in a single layer in a saucepan. Add the stock and coconut milk to cover, adding extra stock, if needed, to ensure chicken is submerged. Add the kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and poach for 13-15 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove from the heat and set aside for 15 minutes to cool. Remove the chicken and use 2 forks to shred the meat. Discard the poaching liquid.
- Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Prepare a bowl of iced water. Add edamame and snow peas to the pan and blanch for 30-45 seconds. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to iced water to cool. Drain well. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the zucchini and cucumber to the edamame and snow peas.
- Just before serving, add the chicken to the salad and toss to combine. Divide among serving bowls, drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with coconut flakes and sliced chilli.
Nutritions of Coconut poached chicken salad with satay dressingfatContent: 498.076 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 28 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 38 grams protein