Instead of cooking one dish for the kids and another for the adults, just divide the recipe at the last step to make fab kid-friendly and adult-friendly meals.
The ingredient of Barbecued red curry pork burgers
- 500g pork mince
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Ayam Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons mild satay sauce
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 2 Turkish bread rolls, split
- 8 small iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 medium carrot, peeled grated
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Tomato sauce, to serve
The instruction how to make Barbecued red curry pork burgers
- Combine mince, onion and garlic in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer one-third mince mixture to a medium bowl. Set aside. Add curry paste to remaining mince mixture. Mix to combine. Shape mixture into four 1.5cmthick patties. Place on a large baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Add satay sauce to remaining pork mixture. Mix to combine. Shape mixture into two 1.5cm-thick patties. Place on prepared tray. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Spray a barbecue plate with oil. Heat on medium heat. Cook patties for 5 to 6 minutes each side or until cooked through. Place on a plate. Cover to keep warm. Place buns, cut side down, on barbecue. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Place half the lettuce and carrot on roll bases. Top each with mint, coriander and 2 curried patties. Drizzle with sweet chilli sauce. Sandwich with roll tops. Serve.
Nutritions of Barbecued red curry pork burgersfatContent: 595.588 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 52 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 43 grams protein
sodiumContent: 72 milligrams cholesterol