A tasty beef and noodle salad served with an easy to make satay sauce.
The ingredient of Beef, pickled cucumber and soba noodle salad
- 2 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 long fresh red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 270g pkt dried soba noodles
- 1 1/2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons water, cold
- 2 (about 450g) beef porterhouse steaks
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Beef, pickled cucumber and soba noodle salad
- Whisk 1 1/2 tbs vinegar and 1 1/2 tsp sugar in a bowl. Season. Add the cucumber and chilli. Stir to combine. Set aside to develop the flavours.
- Cook the noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. Drain. Refresh under cold running water. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Whisk the peanut butter, oil, soy sauce, ginger, cold water and the remaining vinegar and sugar together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a chargrill or barbecue grill on medium-high. Spray steaks with oil and season. Cook, turning, for 3-4 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 3 minutes. Thinly slice steak.
- Add steak, coriander and shallot to the noodles. Add half of the dressing and half the cucumber mixture. Toss to combine. Divide among plates. Top with remaining dressing and cucumber mixture.
Nutritions of Beef, pickled cucumber and soba noodle saladfatContent: 552.09 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 54 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 39 grams protein