Search your pantry for peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce and sugar, then whip up this last minute dinner of satay beef.
The ingredient of Satay beef with sesame rice & cucumber salad
- 300g (1 1/2 cups) basmati rice
- 40g (1/4 cup) sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 long fresh red chilli, halved, seeded, thinly sliced
- 3 (about 800g) beef scotch fillet steaks, thinly sliced
- Olive oil spray
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 70g (1/4 cup) crunchy peanut butter
- 80ml (1/3 cup) coconut milk
- 60ml (1/4 cup) water
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
The instruction how to make Satay beef with sesame rice & cucumber salad
- To make the satay sauce, heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the chilli and garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Stir in the peanut butter, coconut milk, water, sugar, soy sauce and lemon juice. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until well combined.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice following packet directions. Stir in the sesame seeds. Stir the vinegar, sugar and water in a bowl until the sugar dissolves. Add the cucumber, chilli and mint and stir to combine.
- Thread the beef onto 12 soaked bamboo skewers. Heat a barbecue flat plate or large frying pan on medium-high. Spray the beef with oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Divide rice, beef and salad among serving plates. Drizzle over sauce.
Nutritions of Satay beef with sesame rice & cucumber saladfatContent: 908.678 calories
saturatedFatContent: 45 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 67 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 56 grams protein
sodiumContent: 116 milligrams cholesterol