Turn sausages into a complete meal by adding them to this speedy stir-fry.
The ingredient of Satay chicken sausages
- 8 thick chicken sausages
- Noodles, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Chopped chilli, to serve
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 birdseye chilli, deseeded, chopped
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
The instruction how to make Satay chicken sausages
- Make sauce: Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until soft. Add coconut cream, peanut butter, fish sauce and sugar to saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in lime juice.
- Preheat a grill, barbecue plate or frying pan over medium heat. Cook sausages for 8 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Slice.
- Serve sausages with satay sauce and noodles. Top with coriander and extra chilli.
Nutritions of Satay chicken sausagesfatContent: 810.688 calories
saturatedFatContent: 71 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 27 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 12 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 29 grams protein
sodiumContent: 96 milligrams cholesterol