Young and old will love this flavoursome and varied take on a midweek meal.
The ingredient of Satay beef and noodle stir-fry
- 1/2 x 250g packet dried long-life noodles
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 450g beef stir-fry strips
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup beansprouts, trimmed
- 3 green onions, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1/3 cup unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
The instruction how to make Satay beef and noodle stir-fry
- Make satay sauce Combine peanut butter, coconut milk, sweet chilli sauce and 2 tablespoons cold water in a bowl.
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until tender. Using a fork, separate noodles. Drain. Rinse under cold water.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add half the oil. Swirl to coat. Add beef. Stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add remaining oil to wok. Swirl to coat. Add red onion, capsicum and carrot. Stir-fry for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Return beef and juices to wok. Add noodles and satay sauce. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Add beansprouts, green onion, peanuts and lettuce. Toss to combine. Serve.
Nutritions of Satay beef and noodle stir-fryfatContent: 538.945 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21.9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 40.9 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 42 grams protein
sodiumContent: 61 milligrams cholesterol