This speedy lamb curry is perfect for dinner tonight.
The ingredient of Satay lamb curry with coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 750g lamb fillet, cut in 2cm cubes
- 4 green shallots, sliced
- 1 lemon grass stalk, pale section only, thinly sliced
- 250ml satay sauce (mild or hot)
- 140ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- Ground black pepper
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- Lebanese cucumber, diced, to serve
The instruction how to make Satay lamb curry with coconut milk
- Heat 3 teaspoons of the peanut oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat and cook 1/3 of the the lamb, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until sealed and almost cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside. Repeat with the remaining peanut oil and lamb in 2 more batches.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the green shallots and lemon grass and cook for 2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Return the lamb to the saucepan with the satay sauce, coconut milk, fish sauce and lime juice and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes or until the sauce is warmed through.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the chopped coriander and season with pepper. Spoon the curry over steamed Jasmine rice on individual plates, sprinkle with the coriander and cucumber and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Satay lamb curry with coconut milkfatContent: 644.583 calories
saturatedFatContent: 43 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 20 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 12 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 45 grams protein
sodiumContent: 151 milligrams cholesterol