No need to order take-away when you can cause a stir in the kitchen and teach the kids the art of Asian cooking!
The ingredient of Satay beef and pak choy
- 200g dried rice-stick (pad Thai) noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 500g beef rump steak, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 brown onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bunch baby pak choy, leaves separated
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/2 x 500g jar satay sauce
- 1/4 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
The instruction how to make Satay beef and pak choy
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 4 to 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Using a fork, separate noodles.
- Heat a non-stick wok over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil. Swirl to coat. Add half the beef. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Repeat using 2 teaspoons oil and remaining beef.
- Heat remaining oil in wok. Add onion and garlic. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until tender. Add pak choy and carrot. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add satay sauce, stock and noodles. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve.
Nutritions of Satay beef and pak choyfatContent: 418.489 calories
saturatedFatContent: 18.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 31.6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 30.7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 77 milligrams cholesterol