For fast and easy meals, you cant beat an Asian-inspired dish. Full of fresh flavours, this one is ready and on the table in 15 minutes.
The ingredient of Satay beef with tomato salad
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 500g beef stir-fry strips
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 270ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 130g (1/2 cup) peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, trimmed, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- Steamed white rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Satay beef with tomato salad
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of oil and heat until smoking. Stir-fry one-third of beef for 1 minute or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with another 1 teaspoon of oil and the remaining beef.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok over medium-high heat. Stir-fry onion for 2 minutes or until just soft. Stir in coconut milk, peanut butter, sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce. Return the beef to the wok. Toss until heated through.
- Combine tomato, cucumber and coriander. Divide rice among serving bowls. Top with beef and tomato mixture.
Nutritions of Satay beef with tomato saladfatContent: 499.749 calories
saturatedFatContent: 31 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 13 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 41 grams protein
sodiumContent: 68 milligrams cholesterol