Pad Thai noodles tossed with vegetables and peanut butter make a speedy meal.
The ingredient of Easy satay noodles
- 1 1/2 tablespoons reduced-fat crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 100g dried rice stick (pad Thai) noodles
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 small carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 50g snow peas, trimmed, sliced
- fresh coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Easy satay noodles
- Combine peanut butter, sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce and 1 tablespoon cold water in a bowl. Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Using a fork, separate noodles. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok over high heat. Add half the oil. Swirl to coat. Add egg. Swirl to thinly coat base. Cook for 1 minute or until just set. Transfer to a board. Roll up. Thinly slice.
- Add remaining oil and onion to wok. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Add carrot and snow peas. Cook for 1 minute or until just tender. Add noodles and peanut butter mixture. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in egg. Serve topped with coriander leaves.
Nutritions of Easy satay noodlesfatContent: 295.165 calories
saturatedFatContent: 13.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 33.9 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 9.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 94 milligrams cholesterol