Try these spicy satay beef wraps for an easy crowd-pleasing dinner.
The ingredient of Satay beef wraps
- 600g beef stir-fry strips
- 2 tablespoons kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped, plus extra sliced red onion to serve
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sunflower oil
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped, plus extra sliced chilli to serve
- 1 lemongrass stalk (inner core only), finely grated
- 2/3 cup (100g) salted roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut milk
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, finely shredded
- 1 cup coriander sprigs, chopped
- 1/4 cup (15g) shredded coconut, toasted
- 8 Mountain Breads or other flatbreads (such as Lebanese breads)
The instruction how to make Satay beef wraps
- Combine beef, 1 tablespoon kecap manis and half the garlic. Cover and set aside to marinate.
- To make the satay sauce, very finely chop the onion in a food processor. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frypan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 4-5 minutes until softened. Stir in chilli, lemongrass and remaining garlic, then cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Crush peanuts in a food processor, then add to the pan with sugar, lime juice, coconut milk and 1/2 cup (125ml) water. Simmer for 8-10 minutes until thickened and reduced. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon kecap manis, then season.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a separate frypan over medium-high heat. Cook half the beef, turning, for 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon satay sauce and cook, tossing to coat, for a further 2 minutes or until caramelised. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and beef, and another 1 tablespoon satay sauce.
- Divide beef, cucumber, coriander, coconut and extra chilli and onion among flatbreads. Serve with lime wedges and remaining satay sauce.
Nutritions of Satay beef wrapsfatContent: 721.541 calories
saturatedFatContent: 40 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 40 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 12 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 49 grams protein
sodiumContent: 81 milligrams cholesterol