Satay marinade is deliciously nutty and versatile - pair our quick and easy recipe with succulent chicken for the perfect spring BBQ dish!
The ingredient of Satay BBQ chicken skewers
- 3/4 cup (185ml) light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup (70g) crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbs lemongrass paste
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 lime, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 6 chopped trimmed Coles RSPCA approved Australian chicken thigh fillets
The instruction how to make Satay BBQ chicken skewers
- To make the marinade, combine coconut milk, peanut butter, lemongrass, fish sauce, soy sauce, ginger, lime rind, lime juice, sugar, coriander, cumin, turmeric and chilli in a large bowl.
- Add 6 chopped trimmed Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Thigh Fillets to the marinade, and turn to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Drain chicken, reserving the marinade. Thread the chicken evenly onto metal or soaked bamboo skewers. Cook on grill for 4 mins each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside for 5 mins to rest before serving.
- Meanwhile, bring the reserved marinade to the boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Boil for 2 mins or until heated through. Serve with the skewers.
Nutritions of Satay BBQ chicken skewersfatContent: