Enjoy satay meatballs in a flash thanks to the handy shortcuts in this noodle recipe.
The ingredient of Satay meatballs on hokkien noodles
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 small (about 100g) brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 x 100g sachets satay sauce (Amoy Straight to Wok brand)
- 1 x 440g pkt thin hokkien noodles
- 150g snow peas, ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
The instruction how to make Satay meatballs on hokkien noodles
- Kids task: Combine the mince, onion, cumin, coriander and egg in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Use your hands to mix until well combined. Divide mince mixture into 12 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs for 4-5 minutes each side or until brown and cooked through. Reduce heat to medium and add the satay sauce. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is hot.
- Meanwhile, place noodles and snow peas in a steamer basket over a saucepan of boiling water. Steam for 2-3 minutes or until noodles soften and snow peas are bright green and tender crisp.
- Divide noodle mixture among serving bowls. Top with meatballs and spoon over the satay sauce. Sprinkle with coriander leaves to garnish. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Satay meatballs on hokkien noodlesfatContent: 577.663 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 45 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 39 grams protein
sodiumContent: 154 milligrams cholesterol