Be the hero of the barbecue with these sweet and sticky satay skewers.
The ingredient of Satay chicken
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 700g Lilydale Free Range Chicken Tenderloins, halved lengthways
- 1 1/3 cups jasmine rice
- 6 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup satay sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Steamed Asian greens, to serve
The instruction how to make Satay chicken
- Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Combine soy sauce, honey, turmeric, garlic and oil in a ceramic bowl. Add chicken pieces.. Turn to coat well. Thread chicken onto skewers. Spoon over marinade. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour, if time permits.
- Cook rice, following packet directions. Use a fork to separate grains. Add onions.
- Place satay sauce and coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Spray skewers with oil. Cook for 6 minutes, turning, or until cooked. Place skewers on plates and drizzle with satay mixture. Serve with rice and Asian greens.
Nutritions of Satay chickenfatContent: 734.447 calories
saturatedFatContent: 26 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 74 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 13 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 48 grams protein
sodiumContent: 133 milligrams cholesterol