No need to bother with the skewers for this easy dinner recipe – just cook the steak and drizzle with satay sauce.
The ingredient of Beef steak with satay sauce and sprout salad
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons tamarind pureu0301e
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 700g beef rump steak, trimmed
- 200g mixed baby tomatoes, halved
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, roughly chopped
- 60g baby spinach
- 3/4 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- 2/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Beef steak with satay sauce and sprout salad
- Bring coconut milk to the boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add paste. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in peanut butter, fish sauce, sugar, tamarind and peanuts. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until thickened slightly. Transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with kecap manis.
- Meanwhile, rub oil over steak. Heat a large chargrill pan or frying pan over high heat. Cook steak for 3 to 4 minutes each side, for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest, before slicing.
- Combine tomato, cucumber, spinach, sprouts and half the coriander on a large serving platter. Top with steak. Drizzle with satay sauce and sprinkle with remaining coriander. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutritions of Beef steak with satay sauce and sprout saladfatContent: 644.105 calories
saturatedFatContent: 43.6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 20.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 17.1 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 44.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 105 milligrams cholesterol