Create a new family favourite with these juicy lamb chops cooked in homemade peanut satay marinade.
The ingredient of Lamb satay with star anise and snow pea rice
- 2 cups (400g) long-grain rice
- 1 whole star anise
- 150g snow peas, trimmed, sliced
- 1/4 cup (70g) crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 Coles Australian Lamb Forequarter Chops
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- Steamed baby broccoli, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Lamb satay with star anise and snow pea rice
- Place the rice, star anise and 3 cups (750ml) of water in a medium saucepan. Season. Cover and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 13 mins or until rice is just tender. Stir in the snow peas. Set aside, covered, for 5 mins. Use a fork to separate the grains.
- Meanwhile, combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, sherry, sweet chilli sauce, garlic and oil in a large glass or ceramic dish. Add the lamb and turn to coat. Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Drain the lamb, reserving the marinade. Cook, brushing with reserved satay marinade, for 5 mins each side or until caramelised and the lamb is cooked to your liking.
- Boil any remaining marinade in a small saucepan over medium heat for 1 min or until slightly darkened in colour.
- Divide the rice among serving plates. Top with the lamb. Sprinkle with chilli and spring onion. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutritions of Lamb satay with star anise and snow pea ricefatContent: