This vegan pumpkin pie is sweetened with dates and maple syrup.
The ingredient of Vegan pumpkin pie
- 1.5kg Kent pumpkin, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 115g (1 1/4 cups) rolled oats
- 80g (1/2 cup) pepitas
- 170g (about 9) fresh dates, pitted, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 35g (1/4 cup) cornflour
- 200ml coconut milk
- 60ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus extra
- 1 1/4 teaspoon mixed spice
- Pinch of salt
- Whipped coconut cream, to serve (optional)
- Maple syrup, extra, to drizzle (optional)
The instruction how to make Vegan pumpkin pie
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Spread pumpkin over 1 tray. Drizzle with 2 tsp oil. Toss to coat. Roast, turning once, for 40 minutes or until very tender but not browned. Cool.
- Meanwhile, grease a 1.4L, 19cm (base measurement) pie plate. Spread oats and pepitas over second tray. Bake, stirring once, for 7-8 minutes or until golden. Cool. Process in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add dates, water and remaining oil. Process until well combined. Press over base and side of plate. Place in the fridge for 1 hour or until firm.
- Process pumpkin until smooth. Slowly whisk cornflour and coconut milk in a saucepan until smooth. Stir in pumpkin, maple syrup, cinnamon, mixed spice and salt. Cook, stirring, over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until boiling and thickened. Set aside to cool, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes. Spread over crust. Smooth surface. Place in the fridge for 8 hours to set. Top with coconut cream, cinnamon and extra maple syrup, if using.
Nutritions of Vegan pumpkin piefatContent: 299.706 calories
saturatedFatContent: 13.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 43.8 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 21.6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein