Use the whole carrot from top to tail in this hearty vegetarian side salad.
The ingredient of Top-to-tail carrot salad
- 3 bunches baby rainbow carrots, scrubbed or peeled, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt flakes, to season
- 1/2 bunch fresh tarragon
- 150g (2/3 cup) pearl barley, rinsed
- 40g (2 cups) fresh carrot tops
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 45g (1/4 cup) pepitas, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) extra virgin olive oil
The instruction how to make Top-to-tail carrot salad
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan forced. Place the carrots in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and toss to combine. Roast for 20 minutes. Add the tarragon and toss to combine. Roast for a further 20u00a0minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the barley in a saucepan of boiling water for 35 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- For the pistou, process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Serve the carrots on a bed of barley, drizzled with the pistou. Season.
Nutritions of Top-to-tail carrot saladfatContent: