For an easy family dinner, try this vegan and vegetarian-friendly chilli con carne, which is ready in under an hour.
The ingredient of Vegan chilli con ‘carne’
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 200g small button mushrooms
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 yellow capsicum, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 810g can crushed tomatoes
- 300g sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 400g can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 400g can Coles Cannellini Beans, drained, rinsed
- Corn chips, to serve
- Sliced avocado, to serve
- Sliced red chilli, to serve
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- Lime cheeks, to serve
The instruction how to make Vegan chilli con ‘carne’
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms and capsicums. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion starts to brown. Add garlic, smoked paprika, cumin, ground coriander and oregano. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a simmer. Add sweet potato, zucchini and beans. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve chilli con u2018carneu2019 with chips, avocado, chilli, coriander and lime cheeks.
Nutritions of Vegan chilli con ‘carne’fatContent: