If youre looking for a vegan or vegetarian main or just want a tasty side with your barbecue, this sweet potato lentil mash is super easy and quick to make.
The ingredient of Sweet and sour lentil sweet potato mash
- 1 cup dried red lentils, rinsed
- 800g orange sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tamarind puru00e9e
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
The instruction how to make Sweet and sour lentil sweet potato mash
- Place lentils and sweet potato in a medium saucepan. Cover with water. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain through a fine sieve.
- Transfer lentil mixture to a large bowl. Add tamarind, sugar and mustard. Season well with salt. Using a potato masher, mash until smooth. Stir in 3/4 of the onion.
- Serve mash topped with oil, sesame seeds and remaining onion.
Nutritions of Sweet and sour lentil sweet potato mashfatContent: 297.316 calories
saturatedFatContent: 2.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 0.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 47.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 15.4 grams protein