When serving, flip these vegan, gluten-free cinnamon rolls to get the most from the sticky, sweet syrupy base and drizzle with the creamy dairy-free icing.
The ingredient of Vegan cinnamon rolls
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon golden flax meal
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons active yeast
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup Nuttelex spread
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup Nuttelex spread, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 tub (125g) vegan cream cheese (like Tofutti), room temperature
- 1/4 tub Nuttelex spread, room temperature
- 1 cup pure icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
The instruction how to make Vegan cinnamon rolls
- In a small bowl whisk the water and the flax meal until thoroughly combined and set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, add the all-purpose gluten free flour and the yeast and whisk to combine.
- In separate medium mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients until well combined. Add the flax meal mixture to this mixture and whisk again until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl containing the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead the mixture for 5 to 10 minutes until the dough is firm and smooth to the touch. Place the dough back into the lightly greased mixing bowl, cover and place in a warm place for 1 hour. After 1 hour, knead the dough for 30 seconds and let it rest for a further 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the filling ingredients and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the rested dough into a flat 40cm x 50cm rectangle. Spread filling evenly on top of the dough using a spatula. Roll up the dough lengthwise and cut into 4cm pieces with a sharp knife.
- Preheat the oven to 200u00b0C (180u00b0 fan-forced).
- Place the rolls close together, cut side up in a lightly greased 20cm X 30cm baking tray. Top with walnuts and raisins, cover with plastic wrap and leave to rise another hour.
- Whisk all ingredients for the vanilla icing together until smooth and set aside.
- Bake the rolls for about 15 minutes or until golden brown, rotating the dish halfway through cooking to ensure even baking and brush the top of the scrolls with the syrup at the bottom of the baking tray. Remove from the oven and pour the icing onto the warm rolls to serve.
Nutritions of Vegan cinnamon rollsfatContent: