Just because these loaded fries are vegan, doesnt mean theyre not super cheesy and packed with tasty toppings.
The ingredient of Loaded vegan fries
- 2 x 500g packets Coles fresh sweet potato chips
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian chicken salt
- 150g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, finely chopped
- 2 dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- 20g dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 100g swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 teapoons Worcestershire sauce
- 30g Nuttelex spread
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 1/4 cups soy milk
- 2 teaspoons white miso paste
- 50g bio vegan cheese, coarsely grated (My Life Brand)
The instruction how to make Loaded vegan fries
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place chips on prepared tray in a single layer. Spray generously with oil. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden and tender, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, make Mushroom Gravy. Place porcini mushrooms in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 15 minutes. Strain over a jug, reserving liquid and leaving behind any sediment. Discard mushrooms. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add swiss brown mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden. Add stock powder, porcini mushrooms and reserved soaking liquid. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes to allow flavours to develop. Strain stock through a fine sieve into a jug. Heat remaining oil in same pan. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until bubbling. Gradually stir in reserved mushroom stock. Bring to the boil, stirring. Stir in Worcestershire sauce.
- Make u201cCheeseu201d Sauce. Melt Nuttelex in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until bubbling. Gradually stir in soy milk. Stir over medium heat for 8 minutes or until mixture bubbles and thickens. Whisk in miso paste and biocheese. Whisk until smooth. Season with pepper
- Sprinkle chips with chicken salt. Toss gently to combine. Place on a large serving platter. Top with cheese sauce, gravy, tomato, avocado, pickles and onion. Serve sprinkled with coriander sprigs.
Nutritions of Loaded vegan friesfatContent: