You wont believe that this vegan, vegie-packed pasta dish doesnt contain any cream or cheese.
The ingredient of Creamy vegan primavera pasta
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) raw cashews
- 250ml (1 cup) warm water
- 300g penne pasta (see note)
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into thirds
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 zucchini, cut into noodles using a spiraliser
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Creamy vegan primavera pasta
- Place the cashews in a heatproof bowl. Pour over enough boiling water to cover. Set aside for 1 hour to soak.
- Drain the cashews and transfer to a food processor. Add 125ml (1/2 cup) warm water and process until smooth, adding the remaining 125ml (1/2 cup) warm water in 2 more batches to make a sauce consistency.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following the packet directions or until al dente, adding the asparagus for the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain, reserving 125ml (1/2 cup) cooking liquid. Return the pasta and asparagus to the pan.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the leek and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add the zucchini and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add the leek mixture and half the cashew mixture to the pasta. Toss until combined, adding the reserved cooking liquid to thin the sauce as needed. Season with pepper. Divide among serving bowls and sprinkle with basil.
Nutritions of Creamy vegan primavera pastafatContent: