This fresh Indian-style curry has a creamy garam masala and coconut milk sauce and will be a hit with the whole family.
The ingredient of Vegan cauliflower curry
- 1 large (1.25kg) head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 500g sebago potatoes, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 600g kent pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 150g packet roasted cashews
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
- 400g can lentils, drained, rinsed
- 270ml can light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh coriander leaves, plus extra chopped leaves, to serve
- Steamed basmati rice, to serve
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced, to serve
The instruction how to make Vegan cauliflower curry
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut 4 x 1cm-thick slices from centre of cauliflower. Cut remaining cauliflower into florets. Place cauliflower slices onto prepared tray. Drizzle with half the coconut oil. Roast for 40 minutes, turning halfway, or until golden and tender. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until tender. Add ginger, garlic, spices and seeds. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add potato. Toss to coat. Add 1 cup water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cauliflower florets and pumpkin. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop half the cashews and set aside. Place remaining cashews in a small food processor. Process until finely chopped. Gradually add 1/3 cup water, processing until mixture forms a smooth paste. Add cashew paste and capsicum to curry. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add lentils and coconut milk. Simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in coriander. Serve curry and cauliflower slices with rice, chopped cashews, extra coriander and chilli.
Nutritions of Vegan cauliflower curryfatContent: 914.892 calories
saturatedFatContent: 34.9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 14.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 111.6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 28.8 grams protein