This quick and easy chocolate mousse is made using aquafaba (chickpea liquid) and avocado, so it’s completely gluten-free and dairy-free.
The ingredient of Vegan choc-avo mousse
- 100g dairy-free dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 120g (2/3 cup) coconut sugar
- 50g (1/2 cup) raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, aquafaba (chickpea liquid) reserved (reserve chickpeas for another use)
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- Fresh raspberries, to serve
- Roasted hazelnuts, chopped, to serve
The instruction how to make Vegan choc-avo mousse
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of just-simmering water (donu2019t let the bowl touch the water) for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Process the avocado, sugar, cacao and vanilla in a food processor until smooth and combined. Add melted chocolate and process until light and fluffy. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Use electric beaters fitted with the whisk attachment to whisk the aqaufaba and cream of tartar until firm peaks form. Gently fold half the whipped aquafaba into chocolate mixture until almost combined. Fold in the remaining aquafaba until smooth and just combined.
- Divide among small serving glasses and place in the freezer for 8-10 minutes to chill. Serve sprinkled with raspberries and hazelnuts.
Nutritions of Vegan choc-avo moussefatContent: 51.385 calories
saturatedFatContent: 32 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 47 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein