These vegan tacos are inspired by the fresh flavours of the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico, where zesty oranges take a starring role.
The ingredient of Vegan tacos with orange salsa
- 60ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Mexican spice mix
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 750g firm tofu, sliced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large orange, segmented, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 18 soft mini tortillas
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Baby cos lettuce, to serve
- Vegan mayonnaise, to serve
- Chilli sauce, to serve
- Fresh baby herbs, to serve
- Lime halves, to serve
The instruction how to make Vegan tacos with orange salsa
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan over high heat. Combine the oil, spice mix and 1 tbs lime juice in a small bowl. Brush the tofu all over with the mixture. Cook for 2 minutes. Brush the tofu again. Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes or until tofu is golden.
- Meanwhile, combine the onion, orange, coriander and remaining 1 tbs lime juice in a bowl.
- Fill tortillas with tofu, avocado, orange salsa and lettuce. Drizzle with mayonnaise and chilli sauce. Top with herbs. Serve with lime.
Nutritions of Vegan tacos with orange salsafatContent: 668.961 calories
saturatedFatContent: 38 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 52 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 24 grams protein