The secret ingredient to these egg-free meringues? The liquid from canned chickpeas! Crunchy, chewy, sweet and delicious, these mini pavlovas are the perfect vegan dessert to serve up to your guests this entertaining season
The ingredient of Egg-free mini berry pavlovas recipe
- 400g can chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 1/4 cups (200g) pure icing sugar
- 1kg dairy-free coconut yoghurt
- 1/4 cup (80g) raspberry jam, warmed
- 125g raspberries, halved, to serve
- 125g blueberries
- 250g strawberries, halved
- Chopped pistachios, to serve
The instruction how to make Egg-free mini berry pavlovas recipe
- Drain the chickpeas, reserving the liquid. Place the reserved chickpea liquid in a bowl in the fridge for 2 hours or until chilled. (Reserve the chickpeas in an airtight container in the fridge for another use.)
- Preheat oven to 150u00b0C. Line 3 baking trays with baking paper. Beat chickpea liquid in the bowl of an electric mixer for 5 mins or until soft peaks form. Add cream of tartar and beat until combined. Gradually add icing sugar, 1 tbs at a time, beating for 10 mins or until mixture is thick and sugar dissolves.
- Place meringue mixture in a large piping bag fitted with a 2cm plain nozzle. Pipe thirty-two 6cm discs onto the lined trays, about 2cm apart. Use a spoon to smooth the tops.
- Place trays in oven and reduce oven to 100u00b0C. Bake for 1 hour. Turn the oven off. Leave meringues in oven, with door ajar, for 4 hours or overnight to cool completely.
- Place yoghurt in a bowl. Add the jam and gently stir to marble. Top meringues with yoghurt mixture, raspberry, blueberries, strawberry and pistachio.
Nutritions of Egg-free mini berry pavlovas recipefatContent: