Make even the fussy eaters love their greens with this crunchy side.
The ingredient of Mixed beans and peas with hazelnut crunch
- 200g frozen broad beans
- 300g green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp chopped hazelnuts
- 30g day-old bread, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
The instruction how to make Mixed beans and peas with hazelnut crunch
- Cook the broad beans in a medium saucepan of boiling salted water for 2 mins. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a bowl of iced water. Drain and peel. Cook green beans in the pan for 3-4 mins or until just tender, adding peas and broad beans 1 min before end of cooking. Drain well. Return to pan to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook the hazelnuts in a large frying pan over medium heat, stirring, for 2-3 mins or until toasted. Transfer to a plate. Cook bread in pan, stirring, for 1-2 mins or until crispy. Transfer to plate. Wipe pan clean. Add oil and heat until warm. Whisk in vinegar and mustard until smooth. Season.
- Sprinkle beans and peas with hazelnut mixture. Drizzle over warm dressing and toss to coat.
Nutritions of Mixed beans and peas with hazelnut crunchfatContent: 212.71 calories
saturatedFatContent: 13.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 11.4 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2.8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 7.9 grams protein