A healthy, yet creamy, vegan pasta meal made in 4 individual portions, or you can eat 2 now and save 2 for the next meal!
The ingredient of Creamy pumpkin, sage and broccoli spelt pasta bakes
- 750g butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 8 fresh sage leaves, plus 1 tablespoon chopped, extra
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 200g dried spelt spiral pasta
- 300g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 125ml (1/2 cup) soy milk
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
The instruction how to make Creamy pumpkin, sage and broccoli spelt pasta bakes
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the pumpkin, onion, garlic and sage on prepared tray. Drizzle over oil and cover tray with foil. Bake for 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water following packet directions, adding the broccoli in the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- Place the pumpkin mixture in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Add the soy milk, nutritional yeast and onion powder. Process until well combined then season.
- Reduce oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan forced. Lightly spray four 375ml (11 u20442 cup) ovenproof dishes with oil. Add the pumpkin mixture to the pasta mixture. Toss to combine. Divide among prepared dishes. Combine breadcrumbs and extra sage in a small bowl. Sprinkle pasta bakes with the breadcrumb mixture. Bake for 15 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden. Season and serve.
Nutritions of Creamy pumpkin, sage and broccoli spelt pasta bakesfatContent: 384.312 calories
saturatedFatContent: 9.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 52.9 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 16.3 grams protein