If youve got flavourless tomatoes, try this roasted-tomato sauce. Roasting the tomatoes slowly allows the natural sugars in the tomato to caramelise - thus sweetening the flavour.
The ingredient of Roasted-tomato sauce
- 1kg vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 40ml (2 tablespoons) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
The instruction how to make Roasted-tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 170u00b0C.
- Halve each tomato horizontally and place on a large baking tray with onion, garlic and thyme.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 1 hour or until the tomatoes are soft and caramelised. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Remove and discard thyme, then blend tomatoes, onion and garlic or press through a food mill.
- Stir in the basil and season as desired.
Nutritions of Roasted-tomato saucefatContent: