This hearty vegan curry is full of flavour. Perfect for cold winter evenings.
The ingredient of Potato and chickpea curry
- 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1kg desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 270ml can light coconut milk
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 2 tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
The instruction how to make Potato and chickpea curry
- Cook rice following absorption method on packet (alternatively see note).
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft. Add curry powder and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until potatoes begin to soften.
- Add coconut milk and 1/2 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook curry, uncovered, for 5 to 8 minutes or until potatoes are tender and curry has thickened. Add chickpeas and tomatoes. Cook for 1 minute or until chickpeas are heated through. Stir through coriander. Spoon curry over rice. Serve.
Nutritions of Potato and chickpea curryfatContent: 613.991 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 86 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 16 grams protein