Everyone can enjoy this Caesar salad, with crispy lettuce, avocado, croutons and homemade facon. Now no one who is gluten free or vegan needs to miss out.
The ingredient of Vegan and gluten free Caesar salad
- 125g can chickpeas
- Pinch of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 6 small chat potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 cos lettuce hearts, leaves separated
- 1 large avocado, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free tamari
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
The instruction how to make Vegan and gluten free Caesar salad
- Drain chickpeas, reserving liquid. Place garlic powder, mustard, lemon juice, 6 chickpeas and 2 tablespoons reserved chickpea liquid in a small food processor (see notes). Process until smooth. With the motor operating, gradually add oil in a slow, steady stream. Transfer to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper (see notes).
- Make Facon. Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Combine tamari, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and maple syrup in a bowl. Add coconut. Stir until well coated. Spoon onto prepared tray. Spread out to form an even layer. Bake, turning halfway through, for 10 to 12 minutes or until flakes are golden. Set aside to cool (u2018faconu2019 will crisp on cooling).
- Meanwhile, place potato, oil, rosemary and lemon rind in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook potato, in batches, for 3 minutes each side or until golden and tender.
- Place lettuce, potato and avocado in a bowl. Gently toss to combine. Sprinkle with facon and drizzle with the dressing. Serve.
Nutritions of Vegan and gluten free Caesar saladfatContent: 596.066 calories
saturatedFatContent: 52.4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 25.3 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 5.4 grams protein